Saturday, June 26, 2010

Arlington Elementary School

Took my first summer road trip yesterday; it was also my first road trip with my new iPhone 4, and as importantly, the first road trip with my new iPhone 4's camera.

This is a beautiful school in Arlington, Indiana [maps.google.com], along my favorite road trip highway, 52. The photo was taken on my iPhone and edited with one of its apps.




Per a Word document on their website (really, you couldn't put this in HTML or PDF?):

The mission of the RUSH COUNTY SCHOOLS is to provide an appropriate educational program and learning environment which will effectively:


MEET THE EDUCATIONAL NEEDS OF ITS STUDENTS AND CITIZENS;


HELP ITS STUDENTS ACCOMPLISH EDUCATIONAL GOALS WHICH ARE SIGNIFICANT, DURABLE, AND/OR TRANSFERABLE.

It's a little discouraging that some of Indiana's school systems don't know that SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS IS A LITTLE HARD TO READ. I'm also disappointed in the use of "and/or"; it makes an already wishy-washy mission statement even less significant and/or durable.



No comments: