Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And so it begins

Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal has unleashed his review of the iPad.

He's been an Apple fan for quite some time, so it's no surprise he received one to review, or that his review is generally positive.

What's particularly exciting for me:
  • 11.5 hours of battery life while playing video
  • Keyboard in landscape mode is competitive with cramped netbook keyboards (but as a touch typist, I'm still skeptical)
  • Quote: "Apple's custom processor makes it wicked fast."
I'm planning a trip to Florida mid-May; I think I may have to pick up a 3G version for the trip.

Update: There are several more reviews out tonight. See MacRumors.com for the full list. All sound positive from the bullet points on the linked page.

Update #2: This review from PCMag is much more in-depth than others I've seen.

No comments: